Botley Bridges Family Support and local food charities are again working together to spread some Christmas cheer to local families in Cumnor, Botley and West Oxford. Last year we distributed over 100 hampers, brimming with a variety of food and gifts, all donated, packed and delivered by local volunteers.
With the continuing pressure on family incomes and rising prices many families find Christmas a difficult time.
How to request a hamper
Requests for a hamper from households on a low income can be made by adults in the household or by adults on behalf of a household by one of the following methods:
- Online: https://botleyhampers22.web.app/
- Downloading a form, and e-mailing the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completing a form and handing in to your school or pre-school – schools will have hard copies available.
We are looking to our local community to spread some Christmas cheer. Can you donate?
- Tea/Coffee/Hot Chocolate/Squash/Soft Drinks (no alcohol please)
- Fresh fruit or veg
- Christmas treats
- Tins or Jars – Fruit/Tuna/Baked Beans/Pasta Sauces/Soup
- Bread/Crackers/Oats/Breakfast Cereals/Rice/Pasta
We are also hoping to include some small (stocking filler) gifts in the hampers. Can you donate? (please leave these unwrapped so we can best match them to the recipients)
- For Adults
- Toiletries/Warm Socks/Blankets/Hot Water Bottles
- For Children
- Bubbles/activity books/small craft sets/small construction sets
- Books (for a variety of ages)
- Cards/Cards Games
Donations can be dropped off at St Peter and St Pauls Church Hall, Botley on Wednesday 21st from 9-6pm. If you cannot drop off at these times please email email@example.com to arrange an alternative venue and time.
If you would like to volunteer to take in deliveries, pack hampers or deliver please contact Sarah Cohen – firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks and a Merry Christmas to you all.